I suggest you ...

DNS status: is domain being transferred? awaiting dns update? so on.

When i buy a new domain it'd be nice to know exactly where in the process it is. Are your servers waiting for the domain to get transferred? Any errors? When is the next dns update?

Just in general, as much info about ones domain and it's current status would be a nice feature.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel Hemmer KristiansenDaniel Hemmer Kristiansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

private
        wainikiti vosabalavu
        po box 4505 samabula
        00000 suva
        Fiji
        Customer no.
        squarely33@gmail.com
        Invoice no.
        INV108956
        Date
        31 August 2013
        GST Invoice
        We billed your VISA card ending in 0108 for the following items you purchased at
        iwantmyname:
        Years Domain Total ($)
        1 walkersclicks.com 14.90
        Subtotal: 14.90
        GST (0%): 0.00
        Total amount: 14.90
        All prices are in USD. If you have any questions regarding payment please contact us:
        billing@support.iwantmyname.com
        Thank you very much again for doing business with us!
        Hi,
        The above is a copy of the Bill of purchase I made earlier with you as proof of my status. I purchased a DomainName from you and I would like you to help me by transferring the DNS I have give below for propagation:
        NS1: dns1.namecheaphosting.com
        NS2: dns2.namecheaphosting.com

My domain is: walkersclicks.com
        My email is: squarely33@gmail.com

• Birger J. NordølumBirger J. Nordølum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really think that the overall process around transfer needs to be updated to explicitly explain the steps better.

Recently changed my domain to iWMN, and were a bit left outside of the overall process. Since the transfer email were sent to the wrong address. I had to ways of altering this, nor push for a "resend" of the email.

The described step differed from the onces deliver from my old host. Though I fully understand that this is two different systems. I would advocate that it at some level they would share the same info regarding the process.

I hope to see an update on this, and thank you :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base